Manchester United Retro Football Scarf - 1975-'80 Away
This retro football scarf is inspired by an all-time favourite amongst Manchester United fans, an away shirt worn between 1975-1980.
This admiral kit has become one of the most iconic kits in United's history. Several versions of this kit were produced, including a shirt with four stripes in 1975-76. This was supposedly due to a legal battle between Admiral and Adidas, down to the use of three stripes, which Adidas claimed to have trademarked. The legal battle was lengthy and a compromise was reached, with Admiral agreeing to pay a small annual fee for the use of the stripes.
Another variation was introduced for the 1978-79 season which featured the centenary club badge.
In this period, United gained a reputation for playing generally dull football under Dave Sexton, who was not popular with the fans. But they did reach an FA Cup Final in 1979 and finished league runners-up in 1980. Other highlights included the signings of Ray Wilkins, who established himself as one of Europe's finest midfielders, and Joe Jordan, who scored more than 50 goals in three years.
- Made with 100% acrylic, this retro football scarf is guaranteed to keep you warm on a cold winter’s day.
- Durable, so your scarf will last you for many seasons, without pulling or pilling.
- Patterns and colours within this unique design will not fade easily.
- The football scarf is lightweight, making it more comfortable when worn and easy to carry around.
- 170cm in length x 19cm in width - their large size means they can be worn around your neck in a variety of different ways. It can be wrapped around the neck loosely, clasped in a loop over your shoulders, or tied and tucked into your coat.
- This football scarf can handle a standard round in the washing machine without shrinking or shedding.
- Limited Edition and proudly made in the UK.
Fans' Favourite hope that our Retro Football Scarves provide a tactile touching point between you and your Manchester United football memories.